Budget > Services > For Commonwealth Travelers > Travel News
- March 8, 2017 – The Pennsylvania Department of Revenue has updated form REV-1220 to include a separate box for exemption from local hotel occupancy tax. A link to the updated form and a sample of how to complete the form can be found on the Travel Forms & Resources page. Travelers are required to present the REV-1220 at check-in to any Pennsylvania hotel.
- March 8, 2017 – The Preferred Lodging Guide (PDF) effective for the period from October 2016 through December 2017 has been updated. Preferred hotels must be confirmed through ADTRAV if available and within a reasonable distance of your business trip destination. If a preferred hotel is not available within a reasonable distance of your destination, any hotel can be selected provided the rate is at or below the GSA maximum lodging rate.
- February 10, 2017 – Check out the Travel Training page for updated tutorials and new training opportunities. Tutorials are quick references for common activities like completing an expense report. For more detailed training on recent updates to the travel policy, enroll in a web-based course or sign up for instructor-led courses provided by the Comptroller Operations Travel Division in Harrisburg.
- December 27, 2016 – The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) announced changes to the Personally-Owned Vehicle (POV) mileage reimbursement rates. Commonwealth traveler claims for personal vehicle mileage are reimbursed according to commonwealth ground travel policies and the applicable GSA mileage rate. Effective January 1, 2017, the higher “standard” rate decreases from $0.54/mile to $0.535/mile and the lower “other vehicle available” rate decreases from $0.19/mile to $0.17/mile. Please review BCPO Travel Memo #16-02 (PDF) for more information.
- December 16, 2016 – The
Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission has approved a six percent toll increase for both
EZPass and cash paying customers. The new rates will be effective January 8,
2017. Commonwealth travelers are encouraged to use EZPass when traveling
on commonwealth business to take advantage of the savings versus the cash
price. Toll schedules are available on the Turnpike Commission website.
- October 25, 2016 – Beginning
October 29, 2016, employees using Employee Self Service (ESS) will see
changes to the ESS Travel Management Menu and Launchpad. Please review
BCPO Travel Memo #16-01 (PDF) for more information.
- August 15, 2016 – The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has announced its rates for lodging and subsistence for travel that begins on or after October 1, 2016. The new rates can be found on the GSA website by selecting FY2017 from the “For Fiscal Year” dropdown menu. The commonwealth’s maximum lodging rates equal the GSA rates; maximum subsistence rates equal the GSA rates, excluding the allowance for incidental expenses. Travelers with questions should contact email@example.com or refer to Manual 230.1, Commonwealth Travel Procedures Manual for additional guidance on subsistence rates.
- January 8, 2016 – The Governor’s Office has issued an out-of-state travel policy effective January 8, 2016 until further notice for all agencies under the Governor’s jurisdiction. Please review our Out-of-State Travel page for guidelines on this policy.
- See our Travel Training page for tutorials and information on how to enroll in online and instructor-led courses on travel policy, online booking, and submitting expense reports for reimbursement.